Setting up a SpeedTouch 536/536i ADSL router via LAN
- Before you configure the router, make sure you've connected the router to the computer correctly. The router's Ethernet lamp lights green when the connection between the computer and the router is established.
Your ADSL router's IP address is 192.168.1.254. To access the router, you need to configure the parameters under the Local Area Connection for the network card connected to the router. Right-click the icon and and select Properties from the menu. Under This connection uses following items, locate the Internet protocol and click the Properties button. Check the boxes next to Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically, then click the OK button and return to the Local Area Connection properties window. Click OK to close the window.
- If all parameters are correct, open your web browser and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.254.
When the administration interface opens, click the SpeedTouch button in the left side menu.
- Under Pick a task, select Set Up.
- After short loading, SpeedTouch Easy Setup welcome screen appears. Click the Next button.
- Select Routed PPP under Select a service, then click the Next button.
- Enter 8.35 in the VPI/VCI field, then choose PPP over Ethernet as your Connection Type.
- Enter your username and password.
- If desired, enter a password to prevent changes to router configuration.
- Click the Start button to save your configuration.
- Wait until your router configuration is saved.
- Click the Finish button to exit Easy Setup.